Ron lived his life to help people and the family felt that his legacy had to be carried on, thus the RDMS was formed with hopes of helping “First Responders from all Emergency Services, including Fire Fighters, Police Officers, Paramedics, and Veterans in trauma related situations.
We became a Canadian Registered Charity on January 28, 2014.
Our VISIONis to reach out to touch the community, in order to find needs and fill them, by providing “helping hands of hope” in commemoration of lives lost!
Our MISSIONis to receive and maintain funds, and to gift all or a part of such funds to charitable organizations who provide health-related services and/or support to burn survivors and victims of traumatic injury.
Our CORE VALUES
- Helping those in need.
- To be trustworthy and transparent in all we do.
- To be sensitive and caring to the plight of others, and, to conduct ourselves in a morally responsible manner.
- To be dedicated to the Society, it’s mission, and, the people we serve.
- To insure that all dealings of the Society are carried out in an ethical and legal manner.
- To be competent, efficient, and effective, in our dedication to service.
- To be mindful of the needs of the community, and our recipients.
Charitable Purposes and Activities
The PURPOSEof the Ron Dunkley Memorial Societyis to bring awareness and to raise funds for charitable causes such as those listed below:
- British Columbia Professional Firefighters Burn Fund
- Honour House Society (New Westminster, BC)
- Canada Blood Services
- Langley School District Foundation/Scholarships
- Ambulance Paramedics of BC
- Brookswood Secondary High School Bursaries
- Langley Secondary Bursaries
- Langley Memorial Hospital